Monday, November 6, 2017

Room 14's hypotheses

These are our hypotheses about growing beans in different conditions.

If we put it in the water the seed will drown. Lachlan
I don't think it will work because you are practically drowning the seed. Max
I don't think it will work because you need a certain type of plant that grows in water. Ruben
I think it will grow fine in water because if you forget to water it, it will still survive but it could be bad because the water may not have the nutrients. Kohaya

Soil will be amazing because it has all the things the plant needs. Katya
I think outside in the soil will work because it gets the sun and rain. Jake
I think outside in soil will make the seed grow fast because it needs sunlight to grow. If it is inside it will not get water when it rains. Daniel

I think sand will work because the roots can push through the sand. Ruby
I think sand will be ok for the plant because it is similar to soil and it is light so the plant can push through. Sara
I think sand outside will be good because it is similar to soil. Outside the sun will get sun and rain. Finlay

If we put the seed in the dark the seed will rot because it has no sun. Brooke
I don't think it will grow in the dark since seeds normally need sun to grow. Natalya
I think the seed will grow in the dark because it still has nutrients from the soil. Harper
Seeds will not grow in the dark because seeds need sun to grow. Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment