Monday, November 27, 2017

The ferry from Somes Island by Kohaya

This is what happened!
"Come on, come on!" cried Katya as she pulled me towards the ferry. "Hurry up or we'll be sitting on the bottom!" "Ok Ok" I responded. Clang, clang, clang went the ladder thingy as we stepped on it. "Over here!" I pointed to an empty bench. "Yessss! we got the top!" exclaimed Katya. We dumped our bags on the empty bench. "Why do we need to put our bags on the bench?" I questioned. " In case we feel like sitting down" Katya responded. I doubted we would want to sit down "Katya over here!" I pointed to empty spots on the railing. Thirty seconds later, the boat started moving. Wooooooosssssshhhhh! Splash! Water rained down on us. " More water more water!" Ruby started a chant. Me, Katya and a few others joined in. SSploosh! "I'm soaked" I shouted over the racket of the engine. We looked down but all we saw were small waves. I dunked behind the railing. It was so cold my teeth were chattering. When I popped back I had missed a spray. "Best. Day. Ever!" Me and Katya shouted together. Splosh! Splash! We were drenched! "Hooray for the ferry" I shouted as Katya shouted "I've never felt so alive in my whole life!" Just then the ferry slowed. I turned to face Hilary and I asked "why don't we do this more often?"  "Because" she responded " It will cost too much." The boat carefully glided across the ocean. "Turn around" chanted Ruby. Ssssshhhh. The boat slowly glided into port. Just like that the trip was over.

No comments:

Post a Comment